logo Return to the homepage


Information about how to get your exam results and certificates.

The College has a dedicated Exams department that is committed to protecting the integrity of the College as an assessment and examination centre in line with awarding body regulations. We are committed to providing students with suitable conditions to enable fair, reliable, and valid assessment of learning.


Students will be entered for exams for all courses in which they are enrolled where applicable and must be arranged through your tutor or curriculum staff. Candidates must sit/resit all exams prior to the end of the academic year. Resits after this point will not be permitted as you will be deemed an external candidate. Unfortunately, Newham College does not accept external/private candidates for examinations.

Results day

GCSE and Access to Higher Education BTEC results are usually either available for collection from East Ham campus or will be emailed to you in August.


Certificates are usually posted at the end of the academic year between September and October to the address held on file. It is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure that the name and address we have on file are accurate. Please double check your name against your learning agreement/ID badge and report any discrepancies to the college.

Any certificates that are not received or collected within 12 months of issue will be destroyed. After this point, it is the candidate’s responsibility to obtain a replacement from the relevant awarding body.

The College will only pay for replacement certificates if the certificate has been lost by the centre and is within a year of the certification/issue date. Any certificates lost or damaged by the candidate must be re-ordered directly from the relevant awarding body.

E-Certification is a service available by most awarding bodies and are accepted by employers and universities. If you are interested in this service, email the Exams department and our team will be happy to assist you or contact one of the awarding bodies below: